Supplements can be a great addition to a healthy diet, providing essential nutrients and supporting overall well-being. However, the supplement industry is not regulated and it can be difficult to know if you’re getting the real deal. In this blog post, we will explore 5 proven ways to ensure you’re buying original supplements.
- Buy from reputable retailers: The best way to ensure you’re getting original supplements is to buy from reputable retailers such as GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, and Natural Grocers. These retailers have strict guidelines for the products they carry and have a vested interest in ensuring their customers are getting the real deal.
- Check for certifications: Look for certifications such as NSF International, United States Pharmacopeia (USP), or ConsumerLab on the supplement label. These certifications indicate that the product has been independently tested and verified for purity and potency.
- Check the brand’s website: Many supplement brands have a “Where to Buy” page on their website. This page will list authorized retailers and distributors, so you can be sure you’re getting an authentic product.
- Avoid knock-off products: Be wary of products that are being sold at a significantly lower price than the original. These products are often counterfeit and may contain harmful ingredients or no active ingredients at all.
- Read reviews: Before buying any supplement, it is a good idea to read reviews from other customers. This will give you a sense of the quality and effectiveness of the product and can help you identify any potential red flags.
Conclusion: Buying original supplements is important for your health and well-being. By following these 5 proven ways, you can ensure that you are getting the real deal. Always buy from reputable retailers, check for certifications, check the brand’s website, avoid knock-off products, and read reviews. Remember, it’s better to pay a little more for an authentic product than risk your health with a counterfeit one.
- “How to Tell If Your Supplements Are Real” by Consumer Reports
- “5 Ways to Ensure Your Supplements are Safe and Effective” by Healthline
- “How to Tell if Your Supplements are Fake” by Forbes
- “How to Spot Counterfeit Supplements” by Natural Products Association
- “How to Identify Original Supplements” by Medical News Today